At Dairy West, we fully recognize that the food and ag sector is facing unmatched circumstances. This moment requires bold collaboration, which is why we are proud to join leaders – thanks to the facilitation of U.S. Farmers & Ranchers in Action – across the value chain in endorsing and advancing a unified first-ever sector-specific vision for the sustainable food systems of the future: a resilient, restorative, economically viable, and climate-smart agricultural system that produces abundant and nutritious food, natural fiber and clean energy for a sustainable, vibrant, and prosperous America.
In the next decade, we pledge to continue working with U.S. Farmers & Ranchers in Action and other organizations and leaders from across the food and agriculture value chain to accelerate bold action and realize our shared Decade of Ag Vision in accordance with these principles:
- Collaboration – Leveraging our diverse backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and capabilities into shared strengths and action within the U.S. and globally.
- Leadership – US agriculture is leading the unprecedented creation and deployment of global climate solutions.
- Appreciation – Valuing agricultural land, people, and communities as the foundation for a thriving America.
- Ingenuity – Bringing innovative mindsets, technology, and practices to evolve the agricultural system and value chain.
- Stewardship – Holding ourselves accountable for the role we must play in responsibly managing natural resources, biodiversity, and animal welfare and caring for each other, today and for the future.
- Evidence-based – Informing agricultural food, fiber and energy production with scientific research
And, to support the inclusion of our existing commitments and creation of and sector commitments to advance Vision outcomes. The outcomes where our organization can make the greatest contributions are:
- Revitalize our collective appreciation for agriculture
- Strengthen the social and economic fabric of America through agriculture
We bring momentum to these outcomes from our established and growing sustainability efforts and/or goal(s), to-date, including:
- Building out an area of work related to sustainability
- Being a strong leader among dairy checkoff organizations
- Developing partnerships to further shared goals and develop mutually beneficial solutions
- Telling dairy’s story as it relates to sustainability
We look forward to being part of this group of innovators and encourage others to follow suit. The next decade requires unprecedented leadership and collaboration and we will work with other leaders on the following principles and collaborate for our shared future.